Welcome to the Wilco Watchdog

We were inspired to create this site after watching a group of Williamson County employees reporting a severe lack of transparency of our county government and reckless spending of Williamson County tax dollars. After discovering unacceptable behavior was occurring on such a large scale, we felt obligated as citizens and taxpayers to become involved. We are grateful to the employees of Williamson County who serve us unselfishly and felt it was time to remove the burden of acting as a watchdog over our county leaders.

Our goal is to promote transparency of Williamson County government, report how our tax dollars are spent and how our elected officials are spending those tax dollars.

Based on inaccurate or incomplete reporting from local news outlets, the taxpayers of Williamson County are not given the opportunity to become fully informed on the issues. We will inform the citizens of Williamson County by reporting accurate and detailed information in an unbiased manner without the sensationalism some outlets rely upon in order to sell papers.

Thank you for visiting The Wilco Watchdog and please email us with any comments or suggestions you may have at wilcowatchdog@wilcowatchdog.org.

What did you think of this article?

Trackbacks
  • No trackbacks exist for this post.
Comments

• 7/31/2011 6:51 PM Gtown wrote:
    Hallelujah! It's about time!
  • 7/31/2011 7:00 PM Citizen in Round Rock wrote:
    Very exciting. I wish you the best of luck. We have long needed this. The employees did a great job reporting the issues and I hope you continue their efforts.
  • 7/31/2011 7:36 PM Pct 3 Citizen wrote:
    With everything going on, you might want to stock up on Red Bull. You're going to be busy beavers! Thank you for doing this! Our little local paper in Georgetown never gets anything right and has horrible reporting. I will be sending this to everyone I know!
  • 7/31/2011 7:44 PM Thomas wrote:
    Excellent! It's sad we have to worry about having a site to watch over Wilco, but their lack of transparency has brought us to this. As a life-long resident of Williamson Co, it is sad that they have turned this County into such a mess. Thank God we still have some tough, hard-working employees to make sure that excellent service is provided to the residents of Williamson Co.

Thank you for providing this site. I will pass it on to everyone.
  • 7/31/2011 8:17 PM David wrote:
    I applaud and support your efforts to educate the citizens of Williamson County on the questionable actions of the Wilco 5.
    1. 7/31/2011 9:15 PM CC in RR wrote:
      Very exciting indeed.
  • 8/1/2011 9:05 AM Dove Tail wrote:
    Thank you for taking the time to report on the serious issues our own Williamson County leaders are creating. I look very much forward to staying apprised by the information provided here. I also will be sending this link out and posting on facebook. Best of luck and thanks again!
  • 12/8/2011 12:07 PM Injustice wrote:
    I want to applaud what you are doing. I wish this was an isolated incident but sadly if you pick up a paper or even watch the news the graft, corruption, prosecutorial misconduct,and Cronyism is becoming rampant in our beloved State of Texas. If I listed only a small portion, the 3000 character limit would not even be a start! I am thrilled for the compensation for the wrongly convicted, but it is not enough! Would you spend time on death row (even one minute) for 80K. The State Bar is an absolute joke, it is my understanding that there are lawyers in State Jail that still have a law license after being convicted of a Felony. I filed a complaint with the state bar because my ex wife's attorney was able to bring phony felony charges against me using his former position in the prosecutor's office. I think they had the complaint a total of about three days. Either they did not even consider it or they are incredible in their investigative skills (sorry I believe the did not consider). If you remember back to the Anthony Graves case (see 48 hours Mystery "A Grave Injustice". This came out of the same rotten little county! A DA is pretty well immune from anything that he does, he can lie to a grand jury, convict you with no evidence at all and even help a buddy bring false charges against you! See what the State Bar will do NOTHING!So what is your only option? You can file a Civil Rights suit (if you have the money or a lawyer is willing to take your case). I can tell you the Fifth Circuit does not favor this action and they will rule against you on appeal. Look at the 14 million dollar reversal for the New Orleans DA's office as an example. The jury certainly found prosecutorial misconduct but it did not matter they protect thier own. Until we do something to reform the "win at all cost system" and are able to hold lawyers and DA's accountable for their actions we are doomed to continue down this road. Look at The Virgil Richardson in Red River County, cases in Williamson County, Washington County, and so many more I can't name them all. Charles Sebesta was reported to the state bar and was voted one of the ten worst prosecutors (not in the State of Texas) but the entire nation! The story ran in the Wall Street Journal Legal Blog amoung many others. Look him up he still has a law practice to this very day! When are we ever going to wake up and demand that our legislature take some action in reforming this mess?
  • 2/10/2013 2:05 PM T.POPE wrote:
    I like to ask,does the watchdog only report what REPUBLICANS ARE DOING..? cover-up the left/democrats.as I read this ALL seams awfully biased..
    1. 2/10/2013 4:29 PM Wilco Watchog wrote:
      T. Pope,
      If you can point to a Democrat elected official in Williamson County, we'd be more than happy to do a background report on them. Biased reporting would be only covering one side if there were two involved.